1. Put the seats forward and unscrew the screws on either side
of the console at the rear.
2. Take out the armrest/cupholder/tape box and unscrew the large
screw at the front of the well.
3. Take out the two sets of screws on either side of the console
under the dash (with plasic caps on them)
4. Remove the shift knob and boot and the handbrake boot (on early Z3s
you have to remove the plastic piece in front of the handbrake lever.
Take the boot out first, then slide the plastic piece forward).
Pull the handbrake ALL THE WAY UP.
5. Remove the radio (you will need a special tool avialable from most
BMW shops line BMP or Bavarian Autosport)
6. Remove the two screws in the top of the radio opening.
7. Loosen the screws in the HVAC control - pull it up slightly and tilt
it back to disengage it from the console
8. Reach through the shifter boot hole, remove the power lead, bulb and
the ground from the "too cheap to put a lighter in a $30K+ car socket"
9. Push the Clock/OBC and switches through the console and remove the
connectors ffrom them.
10. Open the OBD II door and unscew the connector
11. Reach up inside the left side of the console and remove the buzzer
12. Starting at the rear, left the console. Make sure it clears the handbrake
lever and remove it from the car.